Connectionists: developmental robotics

Jeffrey Mark Siskind qobi at purdue.edu
Tue Feb 11 10:14:31 EST 2014

   Has anyone, for example, tried to build a robot that starts with the
   cognitive capacities of a two-year-old (rather than a newborn), and goes
   from there?

yes

   Or taken seriously the nativist arguments of Chomsky, Pinker, and Spelke
   and tried to build a robot that is innately endowed with concepts like
   “person”, “object”, “set”, and “place”?

I'd like to innately endow my robots with these concepts. Can you point me to
a URL where I can download the code? Python, MATLAB, and Haskell preferred.

    Jeff (http://engineering.purdue.edu/~qobi)