Connectionists: How the brain works

Juyang Weng weng at cse.msu.edu
Thu Feb 6 17:43:11 EST 2014

You can use the Principle 1 to test.  Dr. Karl Friston's Generalized
Filtering model misses the boat too if his model is meant for the brain.
The Bayesian framework fails totally:  at any time, there are much more
input components (like pixels) in the eyes that are irrelevant to
actions (e.g., from many objects in a cluttered scene) than those that
do (e.g., pixels from a particular object of interest).  But which
object is of interest changes on the fly!  By the way, our DN model
deals with Principle 1.   Since this is useful for the list, I give a CC
to the list.

-John

On 2/6/14 4:31 PM, Jayanta Dutta wrote:

> Dear Dr. Weng,
>
> Regarding how the brain works I wanted to know your opinion about Dr.
> Karl Friston's Generalized Filtering model. Your opinions will be very
> important for me.
>

> --
> *Regards*
> *Jayanta Kumar Dutta*
> *Graduate Research Assistant*
> *Computational Intelligence Lab*
> *EECE Department*
> *University of Memphis*

Juyang (John) Weng, Professor
MSU Cognitive Science Program and MSU Neuroscience Program
428 S Shaw Ln Rm 3115
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824 USA
Tel: 517-353-4388