Connectionists: Advances on Weightless Neural Systems

Wilson de Oliveira wilson.rosa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 14:03:08 EDT 2013

ESAN 2014 - Special Session on Advances on Weightless Neural Systems:
Mimicking biological neurons by focusing on the decoding performed by the
dendritic trees is a different and attractive alternative to the
integrate-and-fire McCullogh-Pitts neuron stylisation. RAM-based or boolean
neurons and weightless systems have been studied and applied in a wide
spectrum of situations. The ESANN 2009 Special Session on Weightless Neural
Systems played an important role in providing incentive to this area,
resulting in the development of interesting applications and theoretical
results. In particular, the theoretical aspects, first presented at that
session, enabled the application of weightless systems to an ample set of
new domains, ranging from natural language processing to game playing,
including memory transfer and biomedical applications. This session invites
original contributions on theoretical and practical aspects of weightless
neural systems, at all levels of abstraction.

For more information:
https://www.elen.ucl.ac.be/esann/

Wilson de Oliveira
UFRPE-DEInfo
http://www.cin.ufpe.br/~wrdo
If we knew what it was we were doing,  it would not be called research,
would it”. Einstein