Connectionists: The Neurosciences Institute Event on Friday, November 8, 2013

W. Einar Gall wegall at nsi.edu
Tue Oct 15 12:10:42 EDT 2013

Good Morning,

As many of you know, The Brain Corporation and The Neurosciences Institute
will be co-sponsoring an event "The Neurosciences Institute:  Past, Present
and Future" on Friday, November 8, 2013.

Below are the list of speakers (in alphabetical order) and a schedule.
We hope that you will be able to attend.

An R.S.V.P. is preferred so that we can ensure that there is enough food,
space, and parking for everyone particularly at the reception. Please send
an e-mail to meeting at nsi.edu.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you.

The Neurosciences Institute:  Past, Present, and Future
Friday, November 8, 2013
Noon - 7 pm
The Auditorium at 10640 John Jay Hopkins Drive, San Diego, CA  92121

This gathering will have a scientific program featuring presentations of
current work by former Fellows of The Neurosciences Institute to celebrate
thirty years of scientific impact.

Confirmed speakers (in alphabetical order) include:

Bernard Baars	"Multiple Sources of Conscious Odor Integration and
Propagation in Olfactory Cortex"

Jeffrey Krichmar	"Brain-Based Devices:  Then and Now"

Douglas Nitz	"The Parietal Cortex as a Cognitive Map"

Aniruddh Patel	"The Evolutionary Neuroscience of Musical Rhythm Perception:
Was Darwin Wrong?"

Daniele Piomelli	"So Many Lipids, So Little Time! A Journey in the
Physiology and Pharmacologyof Lipid-mediated Signaling"

Andrew Schwartz	"Toward a High-Performance Brain-Computer Interface"

Schedule:

12 noon - 1 pm	Informal lunch
1 pm - 3 pm		Presentations
3 pm - 3:30 pm	Break
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm	Presentations
5:30 pm - 7 pm	Reception

For additional information, please email meeting at nsi.edu or call
858-626-2000.

This meeting is co-sponsored by Brain Corporation (Eugene Izhikevich, CEO)
and The Neurosciences Institute.