Connectionists: AAI Short Course - 'Statistical Machine Learning - an Introduction' Thursday 24 October 2013

Colin Wise Colin.Wise at uts.edu.au
Mon Oct 7 20:46:42 EDT 2013

Dear Colleague,

AAI Short Course - 'Statistical Machine Learning - an Introduction' Thursday 24 October 2013
https://shortcourses-bookings.uts.edu.au/ClientView/Schedules/ScheduleDetail.aspx?ScheduleID=1362&EventID=1175

Our AAI short course   'Statistical Machine Learning - an Introduction'  may be of interest to you and or others in your organisation or network.

This course introduces a range of fundamental techniques for statistical machine learning. It is offered at an introductory level and it is suitable for general audiences with only some technical background in computer programming. The course starts with recalls of probability and linear algebra and continues to cover classification, parameter estimation, linear regression, dimensionality reduction and the support vector machine.

The course offers numerous examples in the Matlab programming environment.

Please register here  LINK<https://shortcourses-bookings.uts.edu.au/ClientView/Schedules/ScheduleDetail.aspx?ScheduleID=1362&EventID=1175>

An important foundation short course in the AAI series of advanced data analytic short courses - please view this short course and others here LINK<http://analytics.uts.edu.au/shortcourses/schedule.html>

We are happy to discuss at your convenience.

Thank you and regards.

Colin Wise
Operations Manager
Advanced Analytics Institute (AAI)
Blackfriars Building 2, Level 1
University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
Email: Colin.Wise at uts.edu.au<mailto:Colin.Wise at uts.edu.au>
Tel. +61 2 9514 9267
M. 0448 916 589
AAI:  www.analytics.uts.edu.au/<http://www.analytics.uts.edu.au/>

Reminder - AAI Short Course - Advanced Data Analytics - an Introduction   <https://shortcourses-bookings.uts.edu.au/Clientview/Schedules/ScheduleDetail.aspx?ScheduleID=1356&EventID=1171>  -   Tuesday 19 November 2013

Future short courses on Data Analytics and Big Data may be viewed at  LINK<http://analytics.uts.edu.au/shortcourses/structure.html>

AAI Education and Training Short Courses Survey - you may be interested in completing our AAI Survey at  LINK<http://analytics.uts.edu.au/shortcourses/survey.html>

AAI June 2013 Newsletter LINK<http://analytics.uts.edu.au/pdfs/aai-newsletter-issue-04.pdf>

AAI Email Policy - should you wish to not receive this periodic communication on Data Analytics Learning please reply to our email (to sender) with UNSUBSCRIBE in the Subject. We will delete you from our database. Thank you for your past and future support.

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.