Connectionists: Full-time Research Technical Staff Positions Available

masa-aki at atr.jp masa-aki at atr.jp
Thu Oct 3 04:14:04 EDT 2013

Full-time Research Technical Staff Positions Available

The department of Computational Brain Imaging (CBI) at ATR has opening
for a full-time research technical staff in the field of human brain
imaging. The position offers the opportunity to learn experiments using
four functional brain imaging methods such as fMRI, MEG, EEG, NIRS. We
are looking for highly motivated applicants who help us conducting those
experiments and data analysis.

The mission of our department is to develop the method to analyze the
human brain data. In particular, we are aiming at high-spatial and
temporal resolution imaging method by integrating the multiple brain
measurements to elucidate information processing among brain regions.

Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in the related field
(psychology, neuroscience or computer science) and have strong
motivations and ambitions to take part in experiments and data analysis
related to the research above.

Contact address:
Department of Computational Brain Imaging
ATR Neural Information Analysis Laboratories,
2-2-2 Hikaridai, Seika-cho, Soraku-gun, Kyoto 619-0288, Japan
E-mail: cbi-info at atr.jp

Applications:
Please submit the following three materials to the contact address below,
either in printed or electronic form:
1. CV
2. Document (one or two pages in A4 or letter size) describing:
- Summary of your previous research
- Interests for research
3. Recommendation letters from one researcher

*** Original documents you submit will not be returned.

Work Location:
Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International (ATR)
2-2-2 Hikaridai, Seika-cho, Soraku-gun, Kyoto 619-0288, Japan

Number of openings:
One

Employment conditions
* Position: Full-time research technical staff
* One year contract: Agreement is renewable according to the researcher
’s skill, work performance and qualifications.
* Salary will be determined according to the company regulation based on
the experience, qualifications and skills.
* Standard working hour: 9:00 - 17:30, flextime available
* Saturday, Sunday and public holiday off

Selection process:
After documentary examination, we ask for interview if needed.

Starting date:
After January 2014 (negotiable)

Deadline for application:
Opens until positions are filled.

Use of personal data:
All personal data received will be properly managed and only be used for
the purpose of recruitment.