Connectionists: Computational Modeling of Bilingualism Special Issue

Juyang Weng weng at cse.msu.edu
Tue Mar 26 12:47:48 EDT 2013

Gary, I have cited some classical references about this FA learning
issue in my recent book NAI.  I guess that we are again talking about
different things as I stated in my last email.  My last email might be
useful.  If you give me a reference of "easily learned by connectionist
architectures", we can communicate more effectively.

For example, I had big problems in communication with Jeff Hawkins,
until he came to MSU this year and we had interactive emails after his
visit.   His HTM belongs to symbolic AI because it consists of
task-specific (or feature-specific) modules.  Sorry, Jeff, please do not
take this comment personally.  Many people did this way.

-John

Email: weng at cse.msu.edu