Connectionists: Computational Modeling of Bilingualism Special Issue

Janet Wiles janetw at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 25 23:30:22 EDT 2013

Recurrent neural networks can represent, and in some cases learn and generalise classes of languages beyond finite state machines. For a review, of their capabilities see the excellent edited book by Kolen and Kramer. e.g., ch 8 is on "Representation beyond finite states"; and ch9 is "Universal Computation and Super-Turing Capabilities".

Kolen and Kramer (2001) "A Field Guide Dynamical Recurrent Networks", IEEE Press.