Connectionists: Innovative Appliances/Digital Olfaction Society Conference/Call for Innovations

digital-olfaction at digital-olfaction.com digital-olfaction at digital-olfaction.com
Sat Mar 9 07:54:34 EST 2013

Dear Members,

On behalf of Scientific Committee, we are pleased to inform you about the first Digital Olfaction Society world congress, which will be held in Berlin on April 11-12, 2013.

Invitation to Present the most Innovative Appliances, Devices, Methods, Ideas…

The Digital Olfaction Society World Congress will present the most innovative appliances, devices, methods, ideas… that will be judged by a panel of industrial, engineers and members of the press, who delivered the Innovation Award after having had the opportunity to meet and interact with the new equipment.

If you are interested to present your innovative appliances, a special session is dedicated. So please find all information on  <http://www.digital-olfaction.com> www.digital-olfaction.com

Berlin will showcase the most exciting Digital Olfaction Displaying & Demonstrations never organized –

Virtual Ice Cream shop, Phone Device, Multi Aroma Shooter...

 The Scientific Committee of the Digital Society Olfaction (DOS) announced the program of demonstrations of its first meeting to be held in Berlin on 11 and 12 April.

 The Chairman of DOS Pr EDEAS stated, Our idea is to show all devices which can capture odors, turn them into digital data so as to transmit them everywhere in the world,

We managed to digitize sound and light and the remaining challenge is the digitalization of smells, flavors and fragrances. But can we digitize, transmit, reproduce and recapture the smells?

Program of three innovations and devices :

• NICT Japan will "Smell-O-Vision". The "Multi Aroma Shooter" allows you to associate a flavor with digital computer, TV, game console ... The Japanese team insists that this technology adds a flavor more sounds.

• ChatPerf presents a retransmission/Restitution device for iPhone which allow you to download a  "piece" of your favorite perfume.

• Tokyo Institute of Technology will present a virtual store of ice cream, with a transmission distance of flavorings.

Best regards,

C.mercier

Digital Olfaction Society
15 rue de la Paix -75002 Paris