Connectionists: Call For Paper Contributions: Sense of Time in Robotics

Michail Maniadakis mmaniada at ics.forth.gr
Tue Mar 5 04:13:38 EST 2013

Dear colleagues,

Marc Wittmann, Sylvie Droit-Volet and I, in collaboration with Frontiers
in Neuroscience, organize a Research Topic (a collection of papers) with
title:

"Towards embodied artificial cognition: TIME is on my side".

You may find the relevant call-for-papers in the following link

http://www.frontiersin.org/Neurorobotics/researchtopics/Towards_embodied_artificial_co/1554

As host editors, we would like to encourage you to submit an article to
this topic. Contributions can be articles describing original research,
methods, hypothesis & theory, opinions, etc. The idea is to create an
organized, comprehensive collection of several contributions, as well as
a forum for discussion and debate.

Frontiers will compile an e-book, as soon as all contributing articles
are published, that can be used in classes, be sent to foundations that
fund your research, to journalists and press agencies, or to any number
of other organizations.

Among others, we have contacted all following authors:

Rolf Pfeifer

Alessandro Moscatelli

Wolfgang Ambach

Ravi Rao

Argiro Vatakis

Takashi Ikegami

AD Craig

Caspar Addyman

Yoonsuck Choe

Warren Meck

Stefano Nolfi

Dean Buonomano

Deborah Lynn Harrington

David Eagleman

Elena Sgouramani

Elizabeth Thomas

Katya Rubia

Jun Tani

Frontiers is a Swiss Gold-model open-access publisher. As such, a
manuscript accepted for publication incurs a publishing fee, which
varies depending on the article type. Research Topic manuscripts receive
a significant discount on publishing fees. Please take a look at this
fee table: http://www.frontiersin.org/about/PublishingFees.

Once published, your articles will remain free to access for all
readers, and will be indexed in PubMed and other academic archives. As
an author in Frontiers, you retain the copyright to your own papers and
figures.

We would be delighted if you considered participating in this Research
Topic.

Should you choose to participate, please confirm by sending us a quick
email and then your abstract no later than May 15. Please note that the
deadline for the full manuscript submission is on: Oct 30, 2013

With best regards,

Michail Maniadakis, Marc Wittmann and Sylvie Droit-Volet,

Guest Associate Editors,

Frontiers in Neurorobotics

www.frontiersin.org <http://www.frontiersin.org>