Connectionists: SPIKY: A freely available graphical user interface for monitoring spike train synchrony

Thomas Kreuz thomaskreuz at yahoo.de
Sat Jun 29 22:18:52 EDT 2013

Dear all,

may I kindly draw your attention to SPIKY, a new and freely
available Matlab-based graphical user
interface (GUI) which facilitates the application of the recently proposed SPIKE-distance (2013
JNeurophysiol paper) to both simulated and real data.

On my webpage you can find the Matlab source codes as well as a detailed documentation:

http://www.fi.isc.cnr.it/users/thomas.kreuz/Source-Code/SPIKY.html

This improved method opens up several novel possibilities in
spike train analysis. Besides a maximum temporal resolution it also allows to
estimate spike train synchrony in real-time.

Finally, a shorter review on the SPIKE-distance can be found on Scholarpedia:

Kreuz T
SPIKE-distance.
Scholarpedia 7(12), 30652 (2012).

With this article I am taking part in the competition for
the

2012
Brain Corporation Prize in Computational Neuroscience

which basically gives prizes to the three articles that have
received the most Google +1 votes by June 30, 23:59 Pacific Time (tomorrow!). So if this is of any interest to
you could you please vote for me (on the top right corner of my article “SPIKE-distance”
you will see the Google +1 button).

Thank you very much for your support! Any feedback is very welcome!

Best regards,
Thomas Kreuz

Institute for complex systems, CNR
Via Madonna del Piano 10