Connectionists: CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: ICML 2013 Workshop on Interactions CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: ICML 2013 Workshop on Interactions

Ruslan Salakhutdinov rsalakhu at cs.toronto.edu
Sat Jun 15 16:36:58 EDT 2013

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: ICML 2013 Workshop on Interactions between Inference
and Learning (Inferning 2013)
http://inferning.cs.umass.edu/2013/

Date: June 20, 2013
Time: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Room: L401-3

OVERVIEW

There are strong interactions between learning algorithms which estimate the
parameters of a model from data, and inference algorithms which use a model to
make predictions about data. Understanding the intricacies of these
interactions is crucial for advancing the state-of-the-art on real-world tasks
in natural language processing, computer vision, computation biology, etc. Yet,
many facets of these interactions remain unknown. In this workshop, we study
the interactions between inference and learning using two reciprocating
perspectives.

1) How does inference affect learning?
2) How does learning affect inference?

PROGRAM

We have an exciting program with keynote talks by:
http://inferning.cs.umass.edu/2013/keynote-talks

  Dan Roth, Univ. of Illinois
  Ben Taskar, Univ. of Washington
  Alan Fern, Oregon State Univ.
  Rina Dechter, Univ. of California, Irvine
  Hal Daume, Univ. of Maryland, College Park

We have 6 contributed talks and 13 poster spotlights:
http://inferning.cs.umass.edu/2013/papers

Schedule:
http://inferning.cs.umass.edu/2013/schedule

REGISTRATION

You can register through ICML website:
http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1211492

ORGANIZERS

Janardhan Rao (Jana) Doppa, Oregon State University
Pawan Kumar, Ecole Centrale Paris
Ruslan Salakhutdinov, University of Toronto
Sameer Singh, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Michael Wick, University of Massachusetts, Amherst