Connectionists: Call for Interest on AAAI 2013 Fall Symposium Proposal “Levels of Abstraction in Artificial Intelligence Research”

Sebastian Risi sebastian.risi at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 29 16:49:46 EST 2013

(apologies for multiple posting.)

Dear colleagues,

We are submitting a proposal as part of the AAAI 2013 Fall Symposium
(http://www.aaai.org/Symposia/symposia.php) titled “Levels of
Abstraction in Artificial Intelligence Research”. We aim to bring
together a diverse and multi-disciplinary group of AI researchers
interested in discussing and comparing different abstractions of
intelligence and processes that might create it. We hope to provide a
common ground to actively encourage cross-pollination of ideas between
levels and types of abstraction, and generate new ideas for revising
or creating abstractions of intelligence and intelligence-generating
processes. The full proposal can be found here:
http://www.cs.ucf.edu/~risi/aaai2013symposium.pdf.

The symposium will be held Friday - Sunday, November 15-17 at the
Westin Arlington Gateway in Arlington, Virginia adjacent to
Washington, DC.

If this is a symposium that could interest you or you are willing to
review submissions please let us know by responding to this e-mail.

We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

-- Sebastian Risi, Joel Lehman, Jeff Clune

--
Dr. Sebastian Risi
Postdoctoral Fellow