Connectionists: CFP and deadline for IWANN Conference (Canary Islands, 12-14 June 2013)

Alberto Prieto aprieto at ugr.es
Sat Jan 26 06:21:29 EST 2013

/* Apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP./
/* Please kindly forward to those who may be interested./

Dear colleagues,

*DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING A PAPER FOR IWANN 2103 IS 8th February*

On behalf of the Organizing Committee of the 12th International
Work-Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (IWANN2013), we are
pleased to invite you to participate in this event that will be held on
June 12-14, 2013 in Puerto de la Cruz-Tenerife (Spain).

This biennial meeting seeks to provide a discussion forum for
scientists, engineers, educators and students about the latest
discoveries and realizations in the foundations, theory, models and
applications of systems inspired on nature, using computational
intelligence methodologies, as well as in emerging areas related to the
above items. We strongly emphasize the wide range of topics comprised
under the umbrella of IWANN2013, covering all the fields that are
usually referred to as "Computational Intelligence". In this edition we
are particularly interested in submissions dealing with: Artificial
Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, Evolutionary Computation, Hybrid
Systems, etc. As in previous editions, IWANN also aims to create a
friendly environment that could lead to the establishment or to
strengthen scientific collaborations and exchanges among attendees.

The proceedings will include all the presented communications to the
conference. As in previous editions of IWANN, we are arranging the
publication of the proceedings with Springer-Verlag on Lecture Notes on
Computer Science (LNCS) series, and the books will be available on-site.

It is also foreseen the publication of an extended version of selected
papers in a special issue on several specialized journals (such as
Neurocomputing, Elsevier). IWANN is included in the ranking of the best
conferences established by the Computer Science Conference Ranking based
on the "Estimated Impact of Conference (EIC,2009)", concretely in
position 55 among 701 considered (in the Artificial Intelligence field),
and in the rank B in Computing Research and Education Association
(CORE). Also the IWANN papers are indexed by CiteSeer.IST, and by the
organization Computing Research and Education Association (CORE).

You can find extended information on IWANN web pages:

http://www.iwann-conference.org/ <http://iwann2005.ugr.es/>

We hope this conference will be of your interest.

Best wishes

Joan Cabestany, Gonzalo Joya and Ignacio Rojas
Co-Chairmen IWANN 2013