Connectionists: NSF book info and article info

Ping Li pul8 at psu.edu
Fri Jan 18 16:06:21 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

With the permission of the list moderator, I would like to let you know
about a new book that was just published by Wiley (see below). Although
this book is not about connectionist models, the list moderator believed
that it could be relevant to colleagues on the listserv.  My apologies to
those who are not interested (although the general grant writing tips here
could be useful to non-NSF proposal writers).

On the other hand, we have recently compiled a bibliography on
connectionism and language that could be useful to many (Li & Zhao, 2012;
see http://goo.gl/2KuY7). This is part of the Oxford Bibliography Online
(OBO) effort which means we will be able to update the entries in a timely
fashion. We already received comments from colleagues about entries missing
and we will update these in the next few weeks. If you have references that
you think should be included, I would appreciate you letting me know.

Sincerely
Ping Li

------
"Having Success with NSF: A Practical Guide" (Li & Marrongelle, 2013), with
highlights from the publisher:

• Addresses the new NSF Merit Review Principles and Criteria as of 2013
• Takes a practical approach to conceiving, writing, and submitting an NSF
proposal
• Addresses FAQs the authors received as NSF program directors
• Discusses what you don’t know about the proposal review process
• Contains sample letters and various templates for NSF required documents
• Makes an excellent reference for grad student seminars in grant writing

For more information, please see:
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118013980.html

http://cogsci.psu.edu/pubs/Pubs/nsf_book_info.pdf