Connectionists: HAIS 2013: 5th CFP – Deadline Extension (3rd of May-2013)

Roberto Vega Ruiz rvegaru at usal.es
Mon Apr 15 05:20:18 EDT 2013

HAIS 2013: 5th CFP – Deadline Extension (3rd of May-2013)

* We apologize if you receive this CFP more than once.
* PLEASE CIRCULATE this CFP among your colleagues and students.

The 8th International Conference on Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Systems.
September 11th-13th, 2013
Salamanca, Spain
http://hais13.usal.es
HAIS 2013 is organized in conjunction with:

SOCO 2013 (http://soco13.usal.es)
CISIS 2013 (http://gicap.ubu.es/cisis2013)
and
ICEUTE 2013 (http://gicap.ubu.es/iceute2013)
***SUBMISSION SYSTEM IS OPEN ****
Please, submit your contributions through the following link:
 https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=hais13
***JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUES AND FAST TRACK:

Authors of the best papers presented at HAIS 2013 will be invited to
submit an extended version to highly reputed international journals,
Up to now:

Confirmed special issues for the journals:
1. International Journal of Neural Systems (IJNS), World Scientific, I.F.: 4.284, Rank: 4th/111
2. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, IOS Press, I.F.: 3.451, Rank: 7th/111
3. Neurocomputing, ELSEVIER, I.F.: 1.580, Rank: 39th/111

Confirmed Fast Track for the journals:
1. Applied Soft Computing, ELSEVIER, I.F.: 2.612, Rank: 13th/111
*** PLENARY SPEAKERS:
Prof. Hojjat Adeli.-The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA.
Prof. Hujun Yin.-The University of Manchester, UK.
Prof. Manuel Graña.- University of the Basque Country, Spain
Prof. Cesare Alipi.- Politecnico di Milano, Italy.

Technical Co-Sponsors by:
WORLD FEDERATION ON SOFT COMPUTING
http://www.wfsc.de
IEEE.-Spain Section
http://www.ieee.org/spain
IEEE.-Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Spanish Chapter
http://www.ieee-smc.es/main/index.shtml
CITY COUNCIL OF SALAMANCA
http://www.aytosalamanca.es
AEPIA
http://www.aepia.org
Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs)
http://www.mirlabs.org/
The International Federation for Computational Logic
http://www.ifcolog.net/
IT4Innovations Centre of Excellence
http://www.it4i.eu/en/
INMOTIA
http://www.inmotia.net
REPLENTIA
http://www.replentia.com
HIDRÓGENA
http://www.hidrogena.com
INFRANOR
http://www.infranor.com
***PROCEEDINGS:
HAIS’13 proceedings will be published by Springer in its series of
LNCS/LNAI- LNAI (Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence) as in the last previous editions.
All accepted papers must be presented by one of the authors who must
register for the conference and pay the fee.
*** The 8th International Conference on Hybrid Artificial Intelligence
Systems(HAIS’13) combines symbolic and sub-symbolic techniques to
construct more robust and reliable problem solving models. Hybrid
intelligent systems are becoming popular due to their capabilities in
handling many real world complex problems, involving imprecision,
uncertainty and vagueness, high-dimensionality. They provide us with the
opportunity to use both, our knowledge and row data to solve problems in a more interesting and promising way.

HAIS Series of Conferences provides an interesting opportunity to present and discuss the latest theoretical advances and real-world applications in this multidisciplinary research field.
*** TOPICS
Topics are encouraged, but not limited to, the combination of at least two of the following areas in the field of Hybrid Intelligent Systems:
- Fusion of soft computing and hard computing
- Evolutionary Computation
- Visualization Techniques
- Ensemble Techniques
- Data mining and decision support systems
- Intelligent agent-based systems (complex systems), cognitive and Reactive
distributed AI systems
- Internet modelling
- Human interface
- Case base reasoning
- Chance discovery
- Applications in security, prediction, control, robotics, image and speech
signal processing, food industry, biology and medicine, business and
management, knowledge management, artificial societies, chemicals,
pharmaceuticals, geographic information systems, materials and environment engineering and so on.
*** PAPER SUBMISSION AND PROCEEEDINGS
HAIS'13 proceedings will be published by Springer in its series of Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence - LNAI (part of its prestigious Lecture Notes in Computer Science - LNCS series).
All submissions will be refereed by experts in the field based on
originality, significance, quality and clarity. Every submitted paper to
HAIS´13 will be reviewed by at least two members of the Program Committee.

Papers must be prepared according to the LNCS-LNAI style template
(http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html) and must be no more than ten (10) pages long, including figures and bibliography.
Additional pages (over 10 pages) will be charged at 150 Euro each.

*** COMMITTEES***

*General Chair*
Prof. Marios M. Polycarpou - University of Cyprus, Cyprus.
Prof. Jeng-Shyang Pan - National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences, Taiwan
Prof. Michał Woźniak - Wroclaw University of Technology (Poland)
Dr. Emilio Corchado - University of Salamanca, Spain.
*** IMPORTANT DATES ***
Paper submission deadline          (EXTENDED) 3rd May, 2013
Acceptance notification                20th May, 2013
Final version submission               10th June, 2013
Conference dates                            11th - 13th September, 2013
Payment deadline                           2nd June, 2013
*** CONTACT ***
Dr. Emilio Corchado - University of Salamanca (Spain) (Chair)
BISITE Research Group
http://bisite.usal.es/
GICAP Research Group
http://gicap.ubu.es/
University of Salamanca
Email: escorchado at usal.es
Phone: +34 630736755

For more information about HAIS’13, please refer to the HAIS’13 website:
http://hais13.usal.es