Connectionists: Announcing the first workshop on Biological Distributed Algorithms (BDA 2013)

Ziv Bar-Joseph zivbj at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 5 14:55:16 EDT 2013

website: http://www.disc-conference.org/wp/bda2013/

We are excited to announce the first workshop on Biological Distributed
Algorithms (BDA 2013). BDA is focused on the relationships between
distributed computing and distributed biological systems, including
networks in the brain. We are especially interested in analysis and case
studies that combine the two. Such studies lead to better understanding
of the underlying biology while at the same time developing novel
computational methods which address specific distributed computing
problems.

BDA 2013 is collocated with the 27th **International Symposium on
Distributed Computing (DISC) in Jerusalem, Israel. It will tale place on
Monday, 14 October 2013. We have an exciting list of invited speakers
and are also accepting submissions of extended abstracts to be presented
at the meeting. The deadline for these extended abstracts is 11 July
2013. More information can be found on the workshop website listed above.

We look forward to seeing you in Jerusalem,
Ziv Bar-Joseph (on behalf of the organizers)