Connectionists: Multidisciplinary approaches to quantify astrocyte-neuron signaling

Dr Renaud Jolivet r.jolivet at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Mar 10 15:19:01 EST 2012

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the workshop ‘Multidisciplinary approaches to quantify astrocyte-neuron signaling’ set to take place in Barcelona, Spain, July 13-14, 2012. The event is a satellite conference under the auspices of the 8th FENS Forum of European Neuroscience (http://fens2012.neurosciences.asso.fr/).

This conference will bring together experts, both experimentalists and theorists in the field of astrocyte–neuron interactions. The meeting comes at a time when glial biology is taking its place as a compelling frontier of research with rapidly growing interest in several departments. We hope to provide an informal environment that will spur future collaborations within this diverse community of researchers. A complete list of invited speakers and other information is available at the conference website http://anw2012.ucsd.edu.

Our program is designed to encourage interdisciplinary interactions and includes extensive discussion sessions, a poster session to encourage participation from students and postdocs and a dinner banquet for all participants.

The registration fee for this event is 100 € for students and postdocs and 150 € for principal investigators. Registration begins February 10th 2012. Since our purpose is to create an intimate environment conducive to potential collaborations, we plan on limiting participation to a small group. We also have funding for a few travel grants for students and postdocs, subject to the guidelines set by our funding agency. More information is available here http://anw2012.ucsd.edu/Travel_Grants_Info.html.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Best regards,

Herbert Levine (hlevine at ucsd.edu)
Renaud Jolivet (r.jolivet at ucl.ac.uk)