Connectionists: Postdoc opening in computational neuroscience

Byron Yu byronyu at cmu.edu
Thu Aug 9 00:14:57 EDT 2012

The Neural Signal Processing group at Carnegie Mellon University
(Pittsburgh, PA) is seeking a postdoctoral research fellow to develop
novel statistical algorithms to study the activity of large neural
populations. Our work ranges from sensory coding to motor control and
brain-computer interfaces. We have a number of close experimental
collaborators in these areas. The particular system of study can be
adapted to the applicant's background and interests.

Applicants should have a strong background in machine learning, signal
processing, statistics, or a related field. Ideally, the applicant
would also have prior experience in neuroscience. The postdoc would
benefit from CMU's strengths in engineering and machine learning, as
well as the thriving and extensive neuroscience community in
Pittsburgh.

If interested, please contact Prof. Byron Yu (byronyu at cmu.edu)
with your CV and description of your interests.