Connectionists: Anticipated Opening for Junior Faculty in Brain Imaging/Cognitive Neuroscience at Rutgers-Newark CMBN

Mark A. Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Wed Nov 30 21:48:58 EST 2011

RE: Anticipated Opening for Junior Faculty in Brain Imaging/Cognitive
Neuroscience at Rutgers-Newark CMBN

Dear Cognitive Neuroscience Friends,

I'm writing to ask if you know of any strong candidates for an
anticipated (but not yet formally announced or approved) forthcoming
search at Rutgers-Newark's Center for Molecular & Behavioral
Neuroscience  (CMBN) for a tenure-track Junior Faculty position in
BRAIN IMAGING/ COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE for someone who would use our
new NSF-funded Rutgers Brain Imaging Center (RUBIC) and its new
research-dedicated Siemens 3T TRIO magnet located on the ground floor
of our Aidekman Neuroscience Center.

The ideal candidate would be someone uses brain imaging to ask
fundamental questions about brain function and would interact well
with a diverse community of neuroscientists including molecular,
systems, behavioral, and cognitive neuroscientists. The candidate
would be expected to teach graduate-level courses in neuroscience and
mentor Ph.D. students in our Behavioral and Neural Sciences program.
Although we expect the position to be filled by someone who would use
the RUBIC facility, this may include those who use imaging in
combination with other methods such as animal research, behavioral
genetics, and/or clinical patient studies. The RUBIC facility can
also be used to do imaging studies with non-human primates.

Please note that this position is in addition to another Cognitive
Neuroscience faculty position open in our neighboring Rutgers-Newark
Psychology Department (i.e., two positions total at Rutgers-Newark,
both of which are targeted to people who would use the RUBIC brain
imaging facility).

For more information on neuroscience at Rutgers-Newark see
http://www.neuroscience.newark.rutgers.edu.

More information on our brain imaging center is at http://rubic.rutgers.edu/

Although no search has been formally announced, and no committee
officially mandated, I would be grateful if you could forward this
email to any potential candidates and ask them to informally contact
me with a copy of their CV and Research Statement.  Our hope is to
begin the search in early 2012 for a possible start-date in
summer/fall 2012.

Thanks, Mark

Dr. Mark A. Gluck,  Professor
   Director, Rutgers Memory Disorders Project
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University                                 Phone:  (973) 353-3668/3298
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102                   Email:  gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu

   Lab:  http://www.gluck.edu
   Memory Loss & Brain Newsletter: http://www.memorylossonline.com