Connectionists: Neuroengineering / Ubiquitous Computing Faculty Position

Todd Leen leent at ohsu.edu
Wed Nov 23 21:03:51 EST 2011

Neuroengineering / Ubiquitous Computing Faculty Position

The Department of Biomedical Engineering in the School of Medicine at
Oregon Health & Science University invites applications at all ranks
for a faculty position in neuroengineering. The primary interest is
to extend our existing program in developing technologies that allow
early detection and remediation of cognitive decline, functional
disability, and chronic disease through unobtrusive, continuous,
in-home technologies. OHSU is at the forefront of research in the
application of technology to understand aging and neurological
diseases. We seek a researcher with a well-developed program in
computational behavioral and predictive modeling, and optionally with
experience with ubiquitous technologies, to collaborate with our group
in Biomedical Engineering and with clinicians throughout OHSU. A
secondary interest is applications of speech technologies to health
care. The faculty member will be expected to teach courses supporting
the research program and appropriate background areas such as
biomedical signal processing or statistical modeling.

OHSU offers a wealth of clinical collaboration possibilities,
including neurology, the Layton Aging & Alzheimer’s Disease Center,
the Oregon Center for Aging & Technology, and the new Center for
Spatial Systems Biomedicine. We provide competitive startup and
compensation packages. The appointee will be expected to maintain an
independent, extramurally funded research program. Senior applicants
must have demonstrated research excellence and a strong existing
extramural funding portfolio. Junior applicants must show strong
evidence of potential success in building a well-funded program,
including participation in grant writing and experience at the
postdoctoral level.

The position will start September 2012. Interested individuals should
submit a CV; up to three recent reprints; statements of research
interests, and teaching and mentoring experience and philosophy; and
the names and contact information for three references by January 31,
2012 at www.ohsujobs.com reference IRC352204.

OHSU is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities, disabled persons, Vietnam era and disabled veterans are
encouraged to apply. OHSU is a smoke-free workplace.

*** NOTE NEW EMAIL *** leent at ohsu.edu

Todd K. Leen, Professor
Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
School of Medicine