Connectionists: Seeking Minority PhD or Postdoctoral Candidates in Cognitive Neuroscience. Deadline Jan 15th.

Mark A. Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Fri Nov 18 10:27:07 EST 2011

We are seeking a strong minority PhD student (for our Behavioral and
Neural Sciences Ph.D. program) or postdoctoral fellow for my lab to
work on the  cognitive neuroscience of learning, memory, and decision
making, including studies of genetic bases of individual differences
in cognition, functional brain imaging, research on cognitive
function in Parkinson's disease, clinical depression, schizophrenia,
and PTSD, along with studies of life-span changes in memory in
elderly African-Americans and others. There are also additional
opportunities in to work on community-education and public
outreach programs within our Newark African-American Alzheimer's
Awareness & Brain Health Initiative.

Funding for minority candidates will come through either our NIH
Minority Biomedical Research Support Center Grant or through possible
supplemental funding to our NIH/NINDS Udall Center of Excellence in
Parkinson's Disease grant. Note: These openings at Rutgers are for US
Citizens or Green Card holders only.

More information on our lab and related programs is at http://www.gluck.edu

For information on our PhD program and other neuroscience resources
at Rutgers-Newark (including our new NSF-funded Rutgers University
Brain Imaging Center), see http://www.neuroscience.newark.rutgers.edu

We are located in Newark, New Jersey, just outside (about 13 miles
from) Manhattan/New York City.

Please share with any under-represented minority graduating college
seniors, post-bac research assistants, or graduate students seeking a
postdoctoral fellowship in cognitive neuroscience for start date of
fall 2012.

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: JANUARY 15th, 2012. Please send cover
letter with overview of your background and career goals, along with
names and emails of potential recommenders and attach your CV. Email
x to gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu

Thanks, Mark

Dr. Mark A. Gluck,  Professor
   Director, Rutgers Memory Disorders Project
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University                                 Phone:  (973) 353-3668/3298
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102                   Email:  gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu

   Lab:  http://www.gluck.edu
   Memory Loss & Brain Newsletter: http://www.memorylossonline.com