Connectionists: [REVISED] Postdoctoral & Ph.D. Student Openings in Computational Models of Neurological and Psychiatric Disorders of Learning, Memory, & Decision Making

Mark Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Wed Nov 2 22:07:42 EDT 2011

Our lab seeks both postdoctoral fellow applicants as well as graduate Ph.D. applicants (for a Rutgers Ph.D. in "Behavioral and Neural Sciences") to work with us on integrated empirical and computational modeling studies of neurological and psychiatric disorders of learning, memory, and decision making. Current modeling/experimental programs focus on Parkinson's disease, Major Depressive Disorder, and schizophrenia as well as related modeling and experimental studies of sleep and sleep deprivation. For more information on our recent computational modeling (and downloadable simulation code), see http://www.gluck.edu/neuro_models.html  as well as our general lab information page at http://www.gluck.edu

All applicants (both for Ph.D. program and postdoctoral fellows) must have strong quantitative skills and extensive computer programming experience. Prior training and experience in building connectionist neural-network models is strongly advised. US Citizenship or Green Card is preferred but not required.  Strong English-language writing and communication skills is essential.

Rutgers University-Newark  is located in New Jersey, just outside Manhattan, New York City. Information on our Ph.D. program and other neuroscience resources at Rutgers-Newark can be found at: http://www.neuroscience.newark.rutgers.edu/

For more information, please review our web sites above, and then send an email indicating if you are interested in the Ph.D. or postdoctoral lines along with a CV and summary of (1) your past experience, (2) future career goals, and (3) why you think you and our lab are a good fit, to Professor Mark A. Gluck at gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu

NOTE: Please contact me ASAP if you are going to the Society for Neuroscience in Washington DC between Nov 14-16 to arrange an interview there.

- Mark

Dr. Mark A. Gluck,  Professor
  Director, Rutgers Memory Disorders Project
Center for Molecular  and Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102
 	 Web:  http://www.gluck.edu