Connectionists: IMA Computational Neuroscience: reminder, deadline approaching

maneesh+connectionists@gatsby.ucl.ac.uk maneesh+connectionists at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Fri May 27 06:03:36 EDT 2011

The Institute of Mathematics and its Applications
Computational Neuroscience
University of Plymouth, UK, 5-7 September 2011

Call for Papers

The complexity, apparent stochasticity, and sheer scale of the
circuitry of the brain and the behaviour it expresses may well pose
unique challenges to our capacity for mathematical description. Real
progress will depend on maintaining strong links between the
mathematical and empirical communities.  As such, our goal in this
meeting is to bring together mathematicians and neuroscientists with a
shared focus on how mathematical tools can be brought to bear on
understanding the function of the system.

Submissions are invited to address any of the following:

* model-driven analyses of neural and behavioural data at a range of
different scales, that reveal essential aspects of the processing
function(s) of the system.

* mathematical analysis of the computational function of the nervous
system, with particular emphasis on how this analysis informs our
understanding of neural circuitry.

* mathematical analysis of the structure of neural components and
circuits, with particular emphasis on how this structure underlies
neural computations.

Papers will be accepted for the conference based on a 100-200 word
abstract. Abstracts should be submitted by 3 June 2011 either online
at http://online.ima.org.uk/ or by email to conferences at ima.org.uk

Organising Committee

Sue Denham (University of Plymouth)
Maneesh Sahani (Conference Chair) (Gatsby Computational Neuroscience
Unit, London)
Simon Schultz (Imperial College, London)
Daniel Wolpert (University of Cambridge)

For further Information visit the conference website:
http://www.ima.org.uk/viewItem.cfm?cit_id=383310