Connectionists: Natural Intelligence: the INNS Magazine

Natural Intelligence inns.ni at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:57:24 EST 2011

The INNS (International neural Networks Society) had launched a new magazine, Natural Intelligence ( <http://www.inns.org> www.inns.org < <http://www.inns.org> http://www.inns.org>  and  <http://www.ni-inns.info> www.ni-inns.info < <http://www.ni-inns.info> http://www.ni-inns.info> ) from October 2011.

We define “Natural Intelligence” to include both “intelligence existing in nature” and “intelligence based on the state of things in nature (artificial neural networks)”. Therefore, the new INNS magazine “Natural Intelligence” plans to cover

experiments

computational models

applications

of the intelligent functions in our brains.

Also, there is an important need for well-written introductory papers targeting both young and established researchers from other academic backgrounds. The interdisciplinary nature of the many new emerging topics makes these introductory papers essential for research on Natural Intelligence. Therefore, the new INNS magazine will mainly publish

review papers

white papers

tutorials.

In addition, columns, news, and reports on the communities will also be included.

We are now preparing for the second issue on January 2012, and the submission deadline is set to January 10, 2012. (to inns.ni at gmail.com and sylee at kaist.ac.kr )

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO SUBMIT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS AS

(1) Review paper(s), white paper(s), and tutorials (up to 20 pages in double column single space).
(2) Report(s) on SIG/RIG, national research program(s), and others, which may be of interest to neural network community.
(3) Call for Papers for special issues or conferences.

Also, we are inviting Guest Editor for specials issue with a featured topic.  The Guest Editor(s) will have the sole responsibility to invite speakers and making decision on the papers.

WE BELIEVE THE NEW MAGAZINE WILL BE OF GREAT HELP TO BRIDGE AMONG DIFFERENT ACADEMIC COMMUNITIES FROM SCIENCE TO ENGINEERING RELATED TO NEURAL NETWORKS. HOWEVER, WE NEED YOUR HELP.  PLEASE HELP US TO ACHIEVE THIS GOAL.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Soo-Young Lee
Editor-in-Chief, Natural Intelligence: the INNS Magazine