Connectionists: Demonstration programs for Computational Neuroscience Classes

Thomas Trappenberg tt at cs.dal.ca
Thu Sep 16 11:57:37 EDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks to the efforts of my student Leah Brown, I am pleased to provide some
demonstration programs for spiking networks, a point attractor networks, and
a dynamic neural field model with graphical user interfaces. The programs
are mainly a graphical user interface for the programs of my book
Fundamentals of Computational Neuroscience, 2nd edition, published this year
by Oxford University Press.  At this time, these programs have to be
executed in Matllab, but some standalone versions will soon follow.

The programs can be downloaded at
http://web.cs.dal.ca/~tt/fundamentals/programs/MatlabGUIs<http://web.cs.dal.ca/%7Ett/fundamentals/programs/MatlabGUIs>

*List of programs:
*

*
*

*Spiking_Models.m* is a GUI which simulates several different models of
spiking neuron models  (Hodgkin-Huxley, Wilson, Izhikevich,
Integrate-and-fire) and a simple conductance-based ion channel model.
Requires file *wilson_ode.m*.
*DynamicNeuralFieldModel.m * is a GUI of the program dnf.m in the textook.
Requires file *rnn_ode.m*.

*
*
*Attractor_Network.m *is a MATLAB copy of the windows program HebbHop (
http://web.cs.dal.ca/~tt/HebbHop/HebbHop02.zip<http://web.cs.dal.ca/%7Ett/HebbHop/HebbHop02.zip>)
that demonstrate a point attractor network. This is not part of the
textbook, but I often use it in my classes. Requires file *pattern1.mat*.

All programs require the associated .fig files.

Regards, Thomas Trappenberg
Dalhousie University, Canada