Connectionists: Position for Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Associate

Andreas Tolias atolias at cns.bcm.edu
Thu May 6 09:58:29 EDT 2010

Position for Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Associate to study the
neural circuits that govern visual processing and learning.

Position at the level of postdoctoral fellow or research associate is
available to study the neuronal mechanisms that govern perception and
learning. Our focus is to understand the mechanisms of these
processes at the circuit level in the visual system. To this end, we
employ methods that allow us to study the properties of network of
neurons in vivo during behavior. Specifically, we use chronic arrays
of tetrodes and in vivo two-photon imaging combined with
psychophysical and computational methods. We have developed the
capability to record from the same individual neurons across multiple
days in awake, behaving primates that gives us the unique opportunity
to study how circuits reorganize in vivo during learning. Our lab has
also strong interest to develop new technologies to record from
interconnected neural circuits using novel imaging and multi-
electrode recording methods and also to develop methods – including
optogenetic and electrical microstimulation tools - to manipulate the
activity of circuits in vivo. The research scientist for this
position will have the opportunity to study brain mechanisms of
behavior using one or a combination of these methods.

Baylor College of Medicine is an equal opportunity employer.

Send inquiries and applications to:
Andreas Tolias, Ph.D
Assistant Professor
Department of Neuroscience