Connectionists: Postdoctoral Position at the University of Tsukuba

Kenji Suzuki kenji at ieee.org
Tue Jun 22 18:39:58 EDT 2010

* We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.

[Job announcement]
Postdoctoral Researcher Position
in Cognitively Assisted Locomotion
Center for Cybernics Research
University of Tsukuba, Japan
Ref: CCR01/P1006

The Center for Cybernics Research is recruiting a postdoctoral
researcher to work in the group of Cognitively Assisted Locomotion
(Dr Kenji Suzuki), a cognitive neuroscience approach to assisted
locomotion. We provide new insights into the control of a exoskeleton
robot based on the analysis of human locomotion. We are working
together with a research group of exoskeleton robot (Robot suit
HAL, Prof. Yoshiyuki Sankai), the spin-off company, Cyberdyne Inc,
and a cognitive neuroscience research unit (College de France, Paris).

The desired research area includes robotics, cognitive neuroscience,
control, cyber-physical system and physical human-robot interaction.
Experience in the analysis of human locomotion will be an added
advantage.

Applicants should send a cover letter briefly describing their
background and career plans, a CV, and the names and contact
information for at least two references. Please also include possible
contribution to this project. The position is available immediately
and is guaranteed for two years, with possible extension to a
maximum of four years depending on achieved results.

These documents should be submitted as pdf attachments to:
jobs at ai.iit.tsukuba.ac.jp
You should include the ref. number you are applying for in the header
of your e-mail. For informal inquiries please contact: kenji at ieee.org

The Center for Cybernics Research hosts interdisciplinary collaborations
for research, education, and training in Cybernics. Cybernics is
a new domain of human-assistive technology to enhance, strengthen,
and support human cognitive and physical functions.
Thus, we offer an attractive and stimulating research environment with
interdisciplinary contacts to medical science, neuroscience, mechanical
engineers computer science and robotics researchers.

Review of applications: 11 July, 2010
(will continue until the positions are filled.)
http://www.ai.iit.tsukuba.ac.jp/jobs/CCR01P1006.html

Center for Cybernics Research (site will be ready soon)
http://www.ccr.tsukuba.ac.jp/

---
Kenji Suzuki, Dr. Eng.     kenji at ieee.org
Assistant Professor