Connectionists: Special issue on Methods for measuring behavior and integration - a neuroscience perspective- Journal of Integrative Neuroscience

Barakova, E.I. e.i.barakova at tue.nl
Tue Dec 21 04:34:02 EST 2010

Cfp: Special issue in Journal of Integrative Neuroscience

on Methods for measuring behavior and integration - a neuroscience perspective.

This Special Issue is inspired by the Measuring behavior conference http://www.measuringbehavior.org which provides a broad and interdisciplinary forum for novel methods to define, measure, and analyze human and animal behavior. We solicit papers that analyze individual behavior along with the patterns, behavior of groups and processes explaining for specific behaviors. We especially focus on integrative approaches of measuring different behavioral parameters with realistic interactive setting.

The aim of this issue is to summarize the emerging trends and common problems across different branches of social and behavioral neuroscience that involve measurements of human and animal behavior with emphasis on the used measurement method, and preferably integrative approach. The papers have to address problems in neuroscience.

Topics include but are not limited to:

Measuring the behavior of laboratory animals

Combinative monitoring

New technologies for studying behavior

Video tracking and automatic behavior recognition

The home cage as starting point for innovative concepts in behavioral phenotyping

Measuring behavior using motion capture

Multimodal analysis of behavior and physiology

New hardware and software for measuring behavior

Studying behavior in realistic social environments

Monitoring emotional behavior in rodents and  primates,

The papers will be reviewed according to the standards of Journal of Integrative Neuroscience, World Scientific publishing, http://www.worldscinet.com/jin/. The special issue is open to everybody.

Submission deadline:    15 February 2011

Notification to authors: 30 April 2011

Camera ready papers: 30 June 2011

Guest editors:

Emilia I. Barakova,Eindhoven University of Technology and RIKEN BSI
Naotaka Fujii, RIKEN, Brain Science Institute
Andrew Spink, Noldus Information Technology
Lucas Noldus, Noldus Information Technology

The papers should be sent to  Emilia I. Barakova or Naotaka Fujii

e.i.barakova at tue.nl, na at brain.riken.jp