Connectionists: PostDoc Postion Rutgers University -- Computational Neuroimaging.

Stephen José Hanson jose at psychology.rutgers.edu
Mon Aug 9 14:22:20 EDT 2010

POSTDOC POSITION: COMPUTATIONAL NEUROIMAGING --Rutgers University.

We seek a postdoctoral applicant for a position at Rutgers University -
Newark in New Jersey in the RUBMA Lab (Rutgers Brain/Mind Analysis;
www.rumba.rutgers.edu) Applicants should have a background in one, and
preferably several, of the following area: statistical learning methods,
neural signal processing, neuroimaging (EEG and/or fMRI), , cognitive
neuroscience. A Ph.D. in Cognitive Neuroscience or Computational
Neuroscience, Computer Science, Engineering is preferred. Our lab was
one of the first development sites for new methods and techniques
related to "brain reading" including premier tools such as pyMVPA. Our
Cognitive/Perceptual research is focused on learning and memory,
specifically in terms of language supporting functions and modularity:
Categorization, representation (are there brain modules?), sequential
learning, event cognition etc. Our Computational research areas includes
multivariate classifiers for fMRI, graph modeling of large scale brain
interactivity (Ramsey et al 2010; intrinsic/extrinsic networks) as well
as spatial brain clustering (Dense Mode Clustering; Hanson et al 2008,
MRI) and inter-brain synchrony metrics (Eigen-Value-Synchrony methods-
Hanson et al, 2009, Comp. Neuroscience). We are located in beautiful
downtown Newark, 13 miles outside of New York City. See http://www
rumba.rutgers.edu for more information) Position could start in summer
or fall of 2010. This is a two year postdoctoral position with possible
third year renewal.

Note: Applicants must be US Citizens or green card holders.

Interested applicants should send a current CV, names of potential
recommenders

To jose at psychology.rutgers.edu WITH SUBJECT HEADING: Postdoc Position

Rutgers University is an equal opportunity employer.