Connectionists: POSTDOC POSITION: Cognitive Neuroscience of Learning, Memory, and Decision Making

Mark A. Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Tue Apr 6 22:24:16 EDT 2010

PLEASE REPOST OR FORWARD TO POTENTIAL APPLICANTS:

POSTDOC POSITION: COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE OF LEARNING, MEMORY & DECISION MAKING

We seek a postdoctoral applicant for a position at Rutgers University
- Newark in New Jersey to work as part of an international
interdisciplinary team studying the cognitive neuropsychology and
neuroimaging of learning and decision making. Prior experience in one
or more of: cognitive psychology of learning and memory, behavioral
studies of  brain-damaged subjects or functional neuroimaging
required. Some familiarity with neuro-computational modeling helpful
but not essential.

[An additional position is also available for someone with strong
computer modeling and programming skills to work on computational
modeling of front-striatal-hippocampal interaction in learning, with
emphasis on modeling degenerative brain disorders.]

Clinical behavioral studies in our lab include studies of patients
with Parkinson's disease, dystonia, drug addiction, FTD, depression,
amnesia, or MCI/Alzheimer's. Collaborative projects include local
partners in NY and NJ, as well as international collaborations in
Italy, Turkey, Korea, China, Israel, Egypt, and the Palestinian West
Bank.

>>  If you are going to the Cognitive Neuroscience Society meeting in
>>Montreal later this month, please email immediately to discuss
>>possible  interview there on Sunday or Monday morning of meeting.

We are located in downtown Newark, 13 miles outside of New York City.
See http://www.gluck.edu  for more information on our lab, grants,
and research. To apply, please send CV and summary of your past and
future research interests to Dr. Mark A. Gluck at
gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu. Position could start in summer or fall of
2010.

Note: Applicants must be US Citizens or green card holders.

Dr. Mark A. Gluck,  Professor
   Co-Director, Rutgers Memory Disorders Project
Center for Molecular  and Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102

   Web:  http://www.gluck.edu