Connectionists: 3 postdocs / several PhD students at the Swiss AI Lab IDSIA

Juergen Schmidhuber juergen at idsia.ch
Fri Sep 25 13:24:05 EDT 2009

Recently three of my postdocs accepted professorships abroad.
Now I am looking for three FRESH postdocs to replace them!
We also encourage applications for PhD fellowships.

INSTRUCTIONS AND DETAILS UNDER
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/sn2010.html

Summary. We expect expertise / interest in areas related to:

Recurrent Neural Networks & Program Learning:
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/rnn.html

Reinforcement Learning & Evolution:
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/rl.html
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/evolution.html

Robot Learning (e.g., vision-based robots)
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/learningrobots.html
In particular, self-modeling robots:
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/resilientmachines.html

Theory of Universal Problem Solvers & Universal AI:
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/unilearn.html
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/goedelmachine.html
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/oops.html

Optimal Program Search:
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/oops.html

Unsupervised Learning and Deep Nets:
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/ica.html

Artificial Curiosity & Creativity / Theory of Novelty & Surprise:
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/interest.html

SALARY: Postdocs: SFR 72,000/year
(~ US$ 70,000/year as of 25 Sept 2009).
PhD students: SFR 38,000/year
(~ US$ 37,000/year as of 25 Sept 2009).

INTERVIEWS at IDSIA
or at the Singularity Summit in NYC (3-4 Oct)
http://www.singularitysummit.com/program
or at the EUCogII meeting in Hamburg (10-11 Oct)
http://www.eucognition.org/index.php?page=first-members-conference-program

IDSIA is affiliated with the University of Lugano and SUPSI.
It is one of  the world's top AI labs, according to Business Week,
located in Switzerland, the most competitive country,
according to the World Economic Forum, and also the
top science nation, according to per capita rankings
based on citations, patents, Nobel Prizes, etc.

Related jobs (not all of them filled yet):
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/eu2009.html
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/sinergia2008.html

Juergen Schmidhuber
Director of the Swiss AI Lab IDSIA, Lugano
Professor of Artificial Intelligence, Univ. Lugano
Professor SUPSI, Manno-Lugano, Switzerland
Head of CogBotLab at TU Muenchen, Germany
http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/