Connectionists: PhD Candidate Positions in Computer Vision at EPFL

Pascal Fua pascal.fua at epfl.ch
Mon Sep 21 07:13:06 EDT 2009

EPFL's Computer Vision laboratory (http://cvlab.epfl.ch) has openings
for PhD candidates interested in modeling the shape and connectivity of
neurons from light and electron microscope images. The ultimate goal of
this line of research is to better understand neural circuitry and brain
function.

For more details about our research activities in this area, see
http://cvlab.epfl.ch/research/medical/neurons/. For practical
information about EPFL's doctoral program and life in Lausanne, see
http://acide.epfl.ch/webdav/site/acide/shared/phdguide.pdf.

Education:

Masters degree in Computer Science or related field with experience in
the areas of Computer Vision or Medical Image Processing. A strong
background in Mathematics is desirable.

Applying:

1. Apply to our doctoral program, as explained under
http://phd.epfl.ch/page55508.html.

2. Specify in the application form that you are interested by Prof.
Fua's CVLab.

There is no need to contact Prof. Fua directly as your application will
be forwarded to him.