Connectionists: Comparison of Neural Network Simulators

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Thu Jul 31 19:17:44 EDT 2008

In 1994, Josef Skrzypek wrote a book titled "Neural Network Simulation
Environments<http://books.google.com/books?id=LrBQAAAAMAAJ&q=%22Neural+Network+Simulation+Environment%22&dq=%22Neural+Network+Simulation+Environment%22&ei=NUKSSNu9IIzQjgGhpf35DA&pgis=1>."
Unfortunately, there is no modern equivalent and you cant sort the
simulators along multiple dimensions using javascript. To fill this gap I've
started a GFDL-licensed<http://grey.colorado.edu/emergent/index.php/GNU_Free_Document_License>project
to document a variety of modern neural simulators along a number of
useful dimensions. Given the size of such a task I need your help! If you
have experience with any simulator (especially those not listed), feel a
dimension is missing, would like to elaborate in a sub-article or simply
want to check facts, please feel free to edit, leave a comment on the
discussion page or e-mail me. Basically, Wikipedia's Be
Bold<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Be_bold>policy applies
here. A very cool and useful wysiwyg
editor <http://grey.colorado.edu/emergent/index.php/WYSIWYG_editor> is
enabled, making it easy for anyone to contribute.

Here is the comparison:
http://grey.colorado.edu/emergent/index.php/Comparison_of_Neural_Network_Simulators

See you there,
--