Connectionists: Final CFP for SysML'08 (deadline: 9/26): Workshop on Tackling Computer Systems Problems with Machine Learning Techniques

Sumit Basu sbasu at media.mit.edu
Sat Aug 23 00:02:22 EDT 2008

[This is a final reminder for the SysML’08 deadline, coming up very
soon! (9/26). Please forward as appropriate.]

If you’re doing any research that combines systems work with machine
learning/AI, we strongly encourage you to submit it to SysML’08
(Workshop on Tackling Computer Systems Problems with Machine Learning
Techniques), to be held jointly with OSDI’08 in San Diego.    Topics of
interest include using machine learning for reliability, performance,
power management, security, fault diagnosis, manageability, programming,
debugging, etc., as well as meta-aspects of SysML like tools and
building blocks.  We’re particularly interested in work that has been
deployed and tested in real systems, but welcome submissions from all
stages of development.

Important Dates
Submissions due: September 26, 2008, 5:00 p.m. PDT
Notification of acceptance: October 31, 2008
Final papers due: November 21, 2008
Workshop date: December 11, 2008

Please visit the SysML’08 site at http://www.usenix.org/events/sysml08
(there will be a link for uploading submissions by early September) for
more details and the complete Call for Papers (at
http://www.usenix.org/events/sysml08/cfp).

-Sumit Basu and Armando Fox, Co-Chairs of SysML’08