Connectionists: Postdoctoral positions in Neural Computation and engineering

G. Bard Ermentrout bard at math.pitt.edu
Sat May 19 11:32:23 EDT 2007

Two postdoc positions at the Institute for Nonlinear Science

POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER
IN NEURAL COMPUTATION

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO

The Institute for Nonlinear Science (INLS) has a postdoctoral position
for up to three to five years available immediately to work on the
nonlinear dynamics of arthropod olfactory systems.  The laboratory
under the direction of H.D.I. Abarbanel, M. Rabinovich and
A.I. Selverston takes a multidisciplinary approach combining
electrophysiological experiments, numerical simulations and analog
circuit implementations of nonlinear processes in communications among
small systems of neurons.  We are seeking applicants who are able to
participate in both the laboratory and modeling aspects of the
research.  Interested parties should send a CV to:  H.D.I. Abarbanel
(hdia at ucsd.edu), UCSD, INLS, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA
92093-0402.  UCSD is an EO/AA employer.

POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER
Bioengineer/Electrical Engineer

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO

The Institute for Nonlinear Science (INLS) has a postdoctoral position
for up to three to five years available immediately who will help
develop next generation biomimetic olfactory sensors for
discrimination of specific odors in noisy environments.  Will develop
and build electronic sensor arrays and interfaces to computers and
other output devices as part of a team of physicists, biologists and
mathematicians.  The laboratory under the direction of
A.I. Selverston, H.D.I. Abarbanel, and M. Rabinovich takes a
multidisciplinary approach combining electrophysiological experiments,
numerical simulations and analog circuit implementations of nonlinear
processes in communications among small systems of neurons.  We are
seeking applicants who are able to participate in both the laboratory
and modeling aspects of the research.  Interested parties should send
a CV to:  Terry Peters (tpeters at ucsd.edu), UCSD, INLS, 9500 Gilman
Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0402.  UCSD is an EO/AA employer.