Connectionists: job in UK

A.Browne@surrey.ac.uk A.Browne at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 05:33:14 EDT 2007

Readers of this list may be interested in the post below:

University of Surrey, UK

SCHOOL OF ELECTRONICS AND PHYSICAL SCIENCES

Department of Computing

LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER IN COMPUTING

(Ref: 5839)

Salary (UK pounds) 32,795 up to 48,162  per annum

(subject to qualifications and experience)

Attractive relocation package

The University offers high-calibre teaching, a world-class research base, a thriving postgraduate community and a high quality of life in a beautiful campus setting. At the same time we have a strong eye for innovation and enterprise and are at the forefront of developments in teaching and research.

The Department consists of three research groups: Formal Methods and Security, Software Systems, and Biologically Inspired Modelling and Applications.  We are currently seeking an appointment to complement our existing research strengths and to support our continued growth  in our active research areas, in particular:  formal methods, security, digital watermarking, software systems, and neural and biologically inspired computing.   We are research-led with 46 RAs and PhD students, and are attracting growing research support from the UK Research Councils, the EU-IST, and industry and major IT, telecommunication, and defence organisations are sponsoring our research.

The Department has an excellent track record in computing and communications engineering with 5** rated Research Centres in computer vision and mobile communications respectively.

At Lecturer level you will have a relevant PhD and some experience of teaching and a growing research profile.  Senior Lecturer level will in addition have had experience in a leadership or development role in high quality teaching, and will have achievement in scholarship and research at a national level.

Informal enquiries may be made to Prof Steve Schneider, Head of the Department of Computing (s.schneider at surrey.ac.uk, tel: 01483 689637).

For an application pack and to apply on-line please go to: www.surrey.ac.uk/vacancies

If you are unable to apply on-line please contact Mrs Maria Drew, Assistant HR Officer on Tel:+44 (0) 1483 686106 or email : m.drew at surrey.ac.uk. Please quote Post Reference Number 5839.

Closing date for applications is Thursday 26 April 2007, and we anticipate interviewing in early May.  The post is to start on 1st September 2007 or as soon as possible thereafter.

For further information

--
Dr. Antony Browne
Department of Computing