Connectionists: New JMLR track for machine learning open source software

Cheng Soon Ong chengsoon.ong at tuebingen.mpg.de
Sat Jul 21 04:04:33 EDT 2007

Apologies for cross posting.

Announcement: New JMLR track for machine learning open source software

To support the open source movement JMLR is proud to announce a new
track. The aim of this special section is to provide, in parallel to
theoretical advances in machine learning, a venue for collection and
dissemination of open source software.  Furthermore, we believe that a
resource of peer reviewed software accompanied by short articles
would be highly valuable to the machine learning community in general,
helping to build a common repository of machine learning software.

We encourage submissions (a 4 page description and the code) which are
contributions related to implementations of non-trivial machine
learning algorithms, toolboxes or even languages for scientific
computing. As with the main JMLR papers, all published papers are
freely available online.  Submissions should clearly indicate that
they are intended for this special track in the cover letter of the
submission.

For more information please see:
http://jmlr.csail.mit.edu/mloss/