Connectionists: RL-Glue and the RL-Library News

Adam White awhite at cs.ualberta.ca
Fri Jul 6 17:45:58 EDT 2007

**************************
RL-Glue and the RL-Library News
**************************
	1. RL-Glue 2.0 release
	2. RL-Glue project has moved to Google Code
	3. RL-Glue support for teachers
**************************

RL-Glue 2.0 release

I are pleased to announce the release of RL-Glue 2.0. The new release
offers both new features and a more stable code base:

- network communication to make multi-language communication simpler
- support for running learning experiments over the Internet
- a new types system to make it easier to write flexible agents that
can run on a variety of environments
- support for separating the testing and training phases of a
learning experiment
- a message system to allow the user to pass messages to agent and
environment programs
- the documentation has been completely rewritten to make it easier
for users to quickly understand and use RL-Glue

Agents and environments written for RL-Glue 1.0 will need to be
updated to work with RL-Glue 2.0. See the documentation site for
instructions on how to update your agents and environments. The RL-
Library is in the process of being updated to RL-Glue 2.0.

RL-Glue project has moved to Google Code

I have changed the host of the RL-Glue project from Sourceforge to
Google Code. The open source project page can be found at: http://
code.google.com/p/rl-glue/

RL-Glue support for teachers
Are you teaching reinforcement learning this coming fall? Then I
would like to talk to you! I am interested in speaking to instructors
about using RL-Glue for teaching reinforcement learning. I will work
with instructors to help them use RL-Glue in their classes. Send
email to awhite at cs.ualberta.ca

Cheers,
Adam White

RL-Glue website:  http://rlai.cs.ualberta.ca/RLBB/top.html