Connectionists: Postdoc / Phd position at TU Munich

Juergen Schmidhuber juergen at idsia.ch
Fri Sep 29 15:18:00 EDT 2006

We are seeking an outstanding researcher (Postdoc or PhD student)
interested in Sequence Learning, Statistical Models, Recurrent
Neural Networks, Evolino, and Support Vector Machines. We anticipate
that the work will be funded through a project on Tactile Sensing.
The project will involve neurobiologists and hardware experts building
artificial haptic devices. Our goal is to process and analyze sequential
data from artificial fingers with haptic sensors, and from
neurophysiological
measurements. Subgoals: to improve existing sequence learning
algorithms,
to recognize surfaces and objects by touching them, etc. Knowledge of
German could be a plus but is not mandatory. The job will involve some
interaction with experts in the UK, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Possible starting date: 1 December 2006
Details: http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/bat2006eu.html

Juergen Schmidhuber
TU Munich & IDSIA