Connectionists: Generalized VC dimensions for multi-class pattern recognition

Yann.Guermeur@loria.fr Yann.Guermeur at loria.fr
Tue Sep 19 17:44:30 EDT 2006

Dear colleagues,

I am interested in the statistical theory of large margin multi-class
discriminant models, such as MLPs with several sigmoidal output units or
multi-class SVMs. However, I could not find any reference on the VC theory of
such models. I thus wrote the following report:

"Large Margin Multi-category Discriminant Models and Scale-sensitive
Psi-dimensions"

https://hal.inria.fr/inria-00096091

which could be of some interest for the readers of this list. I am highly
interested in feedbacks.

Best regards,

Yann Guermeur