Connectionists: Academic Recruitment

John Shawe-Taylor jst at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 12:43:30 EDT 2006

*UCL DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader

Computational Statistics and Machine Learning

We are looking for world-class research talent to join us.  We are
specifically recruiting to a permanent faculty position in Computational
Statistics and Machine Learning, an area in which we have a strong
established research group linking with the Department of Statistical
Science and the Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit.  We are open to
all types of principled approaches to analyzing and designing adaptive
systems.  We have a commitment to experimental research and to UCL's
tradition of interdisciplinary research.  Candidates should be
interested in innovative and challenging teaching at both the core and
edges of computer science.

Starting salary for a Lecturer will be between £31,321 - £41,244 and for
a Senior Lecturer or Reader £44,893 - £48,767 according to experience.

You can find out more about us at http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk

Further details of the vacancy and the application procedure can be
found at http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/vacancies.  For informal enquiries
please contact Anthony Finkelstein at a.finkelstein at cs.ucl.ac.uk or John
Shawe-Taylor at jst at cs.ucl.ac.uk.

The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 8th November 2006.