Connectionists: Post-doc in mean field modeling

Christian Beckmann beckmann at fmrib.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 5 11:24:27 EDT 2006

On behalf of Rolf Kötter:

The newly formed Chair in Neurophysiology and Neuroinformatics
invites applications for a senior post-doc position in the group of
Rolf Kötter at Radboud University Nijmegen/NL.

The overall mission of the group is to study the biological
conditions of neuronal population dynamics aiming to bridge the gaps
between single cell electrophysiology and large-scale brain activity.
Experimentally, we will expand the combination of intracellular
recordings and flash photolysis of caged glutamate in brain slices
with multielectrode recordings. Computationally, we will simulate the
behaviour of neuron populations within and across brain regions
drawing upon our extensive neuroinformatics databases (CoCoDat,
CoCoMac).
Refs: Schubert et al. 2006 Cereb Cx 16: 223-236; Sporns et al. 2005
PLoS Comput Biol 1: e42; Sporns & Kötter 2004 PLoS Biol 2:1910-1918;
Schubert et al. 2003 J Neurosci 23:2961-2970; Passingham et al. 2002
Nat Rev Neurosci 3:606-616.

We are looking for an experienced post-doc with a background in mean
field neuronal modelling and dynamical systems theory to advance the
computational side in close collaboration with the experimental work
in the group (Dirk Schubert) and with related groups performing,
e.g., in vivo recordings (Stan Gielen, http://www.mbfys.ru.nl/
~stan/), statistical learning theory (Bert Kappen, http://
www.snn.ru.nl/~bertk/), non-invasive brain imaging (F.C. Donders
Centre, http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/) and clinical studies (University
Hospital).

The position is available now for initially 5 years with subsequent
permanent employment according to Dutch labour law depending on
positive evaluation. The salary will be according to qualification
and experience. Interviews will be conducted until the position is
filled.

Further positions for diploma and PhD students and a junior post-doc
with a focus on analyzing macaque connectivity data in the context of
human imaging studies are also available.

Candidates should send a letter of intention with a full CV and the
names of two referees by e-mail to:

Prof. Dr. Rolf Kötter, Chair
Section Neurophysiology & Neuroinformatics
Department of Cognitive Neuroscience (126)
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Geert Grooteplein 21, NL- 6525 EZ Nijmegen
The Netherlands
phone +31 24 3614248; email rk at cns.umcn.nl
previous home page:
http://www.hirn.uni-duesseldorf.de/rk