Connectionists: 3 papers on challenges for Computational Intelligence

Wlodzislaw Duch wduch at is.umk.pl
Fri Nov 17 07:23:03 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

defining what is Computational Intelligence and how is it related to AI and
other branches of science is quite controversial, but such a chapter was hard to
avoid in the forthcoming book "Challenges for Computational Intelligence".

At this address:
http://www.fizyka.umk.pl/publications/kmk/06-CIdef.html
you can find the abstract and link to the paper:

W. Duch, What is Computational Intelligence and where is it going?
In: W. Duch and J. Mandziuk, Challenges for Computational Intelligence.
Springer "Studies in Computational Intelligence" Series, 2007, pp. xxx-yyy (12
pp)

The second paper has also been written as a chapter for the same book:

W. Duch, Towards comprehensive foundations of computational intelligence.
http://www.fizyka.umk.pl/publications/kmk/06-CI-foundations.html

In the third paper I have introduced the concept of k-separability to
characterize non-separable problems, redefine the goal of learning and find
simplest models that solve difficult learning problems, such as problems arising
when the structure of the data involves non-trivial logic.

W. Duch, K-separability.
Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4131 (2006) 188-197.
http://www.fizyka.umk.pl/publications/kmk/06-ksep.html

As usually I shall be grateful for your comments.

Enjoy, Wlodek Duch

School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore;
Dept. of Informatics, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland;
Google: Duch