Connectionists: Junion/Senior Faculty Recruitment: University of Leeds

N Cohen netta at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 10 05:26:38 EST 2006

Fellow connectionists,

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Biosystems

University of Leeds, UK

Applications are invited for a faculty position at the School of
Computing, University of Leeds, in the Biosystems area. We are
particularly keen to expand and enhance activity in computational
neuroscience, neurocomputation and/or bio-robotics. The successful
candidate will join a vibrant Biosystems group led by Dr. Netta Cohen.

The Biosystems Group in the School of Computing comprises 4 members of
academic staff and 8 postgraduate students. Our research spans theoretical
and computational neuroscience, invertebrate neurobiology, foundations and
applications of bio-inspired computing, evolutionary dynamics, swarm
intelligence, and a range of topics spanning complex adaptive behaviour in
ecology, evolution, gene networks, and more. Further details on the
Group's research activities can be found at
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/biosystems/

Full details of the post can be found at
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/vacancies/20060320lecturer.shtml
and by following the link to "Further particulars".

Closing Date: 20th March 2006