No subject

nangarvaram Sekar nsekar at umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu
Tue Jun 6 06:52:25 EDT 2006

Hi ,

Tony Zador's work is the only sort of work, which is supposed to model LTP.
His paper "Biophysical model of the Hebbian Synapse" doesn't
model LTP / LTD perse but it models calcium dynamics on the dendritic
spines.

Few months back, we were investigating  the biophysical plausibility of
an algorithm ALOPEX (an optimization algorithm) and we have
implemented a rudimental neural circuitry implementing ALOPEX,through LTP and
LTD using neuron. This doesn't model LTP to the gory details
of calcium dynamics. We had simple hodgkin & huxley membranes , with
passive dendrites, NMDA receptors. Our model of LTP and LTD was as follows:

increasing the synaptic conductance of NMDA_receptors & Non-NMDA
receptors when NMDA was activated and the post synaptic voltage
was above a certain threshold. We have implemented it in NEURON.

Let me know if you get any additional references.
Also you could refer to the book " LTP - a debate of current issues" by
davies. There are a couple of chapters on modelling, but none of them
as you would like them to be.

<<<<<<<<