Connectionists: Postdoc position at SNN Nijmegen

Bert Kappen B.Kappen at science.ru.nl
Tue Jan 24 11:14:44 EST 2006

Postdoc position available at SNN Nijmegen.

SNN Nijmegen is a research group dedicated to fundamental research in
the areas of machine learning and computational neuroscience. Specific
topics are Bayesian networks, approximate inference methods, time-series
modeling, bio-informatics, expert systems, stochastic control and
collaborative decision making. The group consists currently of 8
researchers and one programmer.

In our group, we have a postdoc position available in a project on
genetic linkage analysis, which concerns the problem of finding the
genetic correlates of diseases or phenotypes in pedigrees of humans or
animals. The required computation is intractable and has recently been
succesfully improved using belief propagation (CVM). The research is
carried out in close collaboration with experimental research groups on
human genetics and animal breeding.

The requirement for the postdoc position is a PhD degree and publications
in the area of machine learning and/or genetics. The postdoc position
is full-time for a period of 3 years.

For more information contact Bert Kappen (b.kappen at science.ru.nl, +31
24 3614241).

Applications should be sent by email before March 1 2006 to
b.kappen at science.ru.nl.  Applications should contain a complete CV, a brief
description of his or her research interests.

Bert Kappen             SNN           Radboud University Nijmegen
tel: +31 24 3614241                   fax: +31 24 3541435
B.Kappen at science.ru.nl