Connectionists: CFP of a conference in Belarus --- ICNNAI-2006

Akira Imada ai at kk.iij4u.or.jp
Sun Jan 1 12:24:23 EST 2006

                       CALL FOR PAPERS

                          ICNNAI'2006

        4th International Conference on Neural Networks
                 and Artificial Intelligence

             31 May - 2 June, 2006, Brest, Belarus

              http://neuro.bstu.by/icnnai2006/cfp.html

                  OFFICIAL LANGUAGE: English

           PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 8 March 2006

SCOPE AND AIM:
A realization of Artificial Intelligence (AI) by Neural Networks (NN)
might sound somehow old but will be an ever lasting research area.

This conference intends to provide an interactive forum for discussions,
debates and brainstorms among researchers interested in combining these
two fields, in a creative, exciting, and free atmosphere. In the process,
we expect collaborations among those who have complementary ideas.

The conference will feature (1) two plenary talks by

  - Heinz Muhlenbein ... Fraunhofer Institute (Germany)
  - Robert Hiromoto  ... University of Idaho (US)

(2) oral sessions with accepted papers. (3) A couple of panel discussions
are also planned.

We solicit papers of the latest techniques and achievements from
theoretical, experimental, as well as engineering aspect in all areas of
Neural Networks aiming Artificial Intelligence.

TOPICS:
The conference covers all topics in Artificial Intelligence by Neural Networks.
Or far beyond, though we dare not to use a cliche like "including but not limited to"
such as

   -  Brain-Inspired Information Technology;
   -  Modeling Learning and Memory;
   -  Robotics and Sensory Systems and Motor Controls;
   -  Robotics and Cognition, Emotion and Behavior;
   -  Brain-like Knowledge Extraction or Recovery in Databases;
   -  Evolving brain-like structure; and
   -  Artificial Life.

Or their fusion. Note again that the list is far from exhaustive nor
exclusive, which are also cliche though.

SUBMISSIONS:
The papers must be in English with the maximum length of 8 pages, following
the guidelines in the authors instructions which can be downloaded at
     http://neuro.bstu.by/icnnai2006/authkit.html
where you can find a Style-file for LaTeX, as well as a skeleton for MS-WORD.

All submissions will be reviewed by the respective international program committees.

Papers will be selected based on their originality, timeliness, significance,
relevance and clarity of presentation (forgive me a cliche again).

Please, however, do not expect reviewers to be a proof-reader.
High quality submission is the author's responsibility and
inadequately prepared papers may be rejected.

Papers should be submitted in PDF format

   (1) via the ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM linked in the page to
          http://neuro.bstu.by/icnnai2006/lite/prs.php
      (still it's under construction in a last ditch at this moment,
       you might explore it though),
or
   (2) by attaching it to an e-mail to icnnai at bstu.by with the subject
       ICNNAI SUBMISSION and with the attached file-name being
       <author-full-name>.pdf.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE AT MOST 5 KEY-WORDS WHICH APPROPRIATELY
REPRESENT WHAT TOPICS YOUR PAPER EXPLORES. (if you submit the paper
by email these key wards should be in the text of e-mail , and if you
submit it via the web-page simply fill in the box. This is for the purpose
of efficiency in reviewing process.)

Receipt of submitted paper will be notified within a couple of working days
after the deadline.

After review process of all submissions, you will be notified by 29 March
whether your contribution is accepted or not.

Please notice that at least one of the authors of an accepted paper must
register for the conference and present the paper.

The final program of the conference will be appeared on the conference
web-page http://neuro.bstu.by/icnnai2006/cfp.html with the other up-to-date
information.

KEY DATES:
The time schedule for the publication of the proceedings is as follows:

  - Submission deadline:        08 March    2006
  - Notification of acceptance: 29 March    2006
  - Camera ready copy due:      19 April    2006

Please notice that we have prolonged these schedule from the ones
in the preliminary Call for Paper. Please do not expect the schedule
to be extended any more. Reviewers will have three weeks to review:
accepted author will have three weeks to improve the paper, and we have
six weeks to print the proceedings. Each of these three due dates
will be a MUST.

PRESENTATION:
To keep the workshop lively we intend to keep the time of individual
presentations efficiently. We plan a 20 minutes of oral presentation
for all accepted papers.

Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings which will be
available at the conference.

REGISTRATION FEE:
Registration fee is 125 USD for early registration which is to be done
before by 19 April, after the date, including registration on site,
the fee will be 175 USD.

The fee includes:
   - proceedings;
   - one welcome cocktail party (planned on 30 May in the evening);
   - one reception party (planned on 31 May in the evening); and
   - snacks, soft drinks at coffee-breaks between the sessions.

A limited number of the support to students from CIS countries will
be also considered. Feel free to contact us.

We now are preparing for the bank-account for early registration.
Please check it out later in up-to-date information at the conference web page.

VENUE:
The city of Brest is in a stone throw away from the border to Poland,
and situated 200km from Warsaw and 300km from Minsk. From either of
these cities we can access to the city by train quite easily.

Brest is a wonderful place to live, along with historical places which are
outstanding for a city with medium size. It is a terrific place,
personally speaking though, if you are interested in great nature.

We have the Brest fortress which is the main attraction of the city.
The fortress made a prolonged defence against Germans in 1941 and
was ruined in the result of severe battles. After the war the remains
of the fortress were turned into a grandiose memorial to its defenders.
(From the web-site bellow. Sorry for that but without a permission though.)

We have what they call largest forest in Europe in which we might visit
the gorgeous Summer-House once presidents of former Soviet Union stayed
during the summer holiday.

We have other Historical places as well as fancy Museums.

If you find time to walk to a big open market which is located in
a walking distance from the conference site, you will enjoy various kinds of
real fresh vegetables and fruits grown in Brest region.
Life in Brest is wonderful.  We hope to see you in Brest.

More about City Brest at http://brestonline.com/en/info/index.html,
Also enjoy http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Brest%2C_Belarus.

HOTEL INFORMATION:
We have a couple of good Hotels. See, for example,
http://www.belarustravel.by/en/Brest/.

We also have a limited number of nice facilities for lodging
in the campus of the Brest State Technical University where
the conference will be held.

Later the more detailed list for the hotel accommodation
will be appeared in the conference web-page.

Looking forward to receiving your paper(s) and meeting you
at the conference in Brest.

HONORARY CHAIR:
Petr Poyta (Belarus)

CNFERENCE CHAIR:
Vladimir Golovko (Belarus)

CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRS:
Rauf Sadykhov (Belarus)
Akira Imada (Belarus)

INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
Juan Miguel Santos (Argentina)
Helmut Mayer (Austria)
Alexander Doudkin (Belarus)
Vladimir Golenkov (Belarus)
Vladimir Ptichkin (Belarus)
Vladimir Rubanov (Belarus)
Andres Perez-Uribe (Chile)
Xu Lisheng (China)
Kurosh Madani (France)
Jean-Jacques Mariage (France)
Hubert Roth (Germany)
Vincenzo Piuri (Italy)
Pasqual Daponte (Italy)
Hitoshi Hemmi (JAPAN)
Qiangfu Zhao (Japan)
Sung-Bae Cho (Korea)
Irina Bausova (Latvia)
Saulius Maskeliunas (Lithuania)
Khalid Saeed (Poland)
Vladimir Redko (Russia)
Alexander Galushkin (Russia)
Lipo Wang (Singapore)
Emin German (Turkey)
Bora Kumova (Turkey)
Anatoly Sachenko (Ukraine)
Mykola Dyvak (Ukraine)
Voloddymyr Turchenko (Ukraine)
Bogdan Gabrys (UK)
Robert Hiromoto (USA)

LOCAL COMMITTEE:
Yury Savitsky  (Belarus)
Sergei Besobrasov (Belarus)
Svetlana Besobrasova (Belarus)
Andrew Dunets (Belarus)
Larisa Gorbashko (Belarus)
Pavel Kochurko (Belarus)
Yury Kozurko (Belarus)
Leonid Machnist (Belarus)
Nikolay Maniakov (Belarus)
Piotr Selezniov (Belarus)

CONTACT ADDRESS:
Conference e-mail: iccnai at bstu.by

Conference Chair: Prof. Vladimir Golovko
Co-chair: Prof. Akira Imada

Intelligent Information Technologies Dept.
Brest State Technical University
Moskowskaja 267, Brest, Belarus
phone: +375-162-42-6321
fax:   +375-162-42-2127