Connectionists: Call for Abstracts

Thomas Trappenberg tt at cs.dal.ca
Mon Feb 27 13:23:12 EST 2006

WORKSHOP ON CONTINUOUS ATTRACTOR NEURAL NETWORKS at CNS 2006

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

We invite submissions of abstracts for a one-day workshop on Continuous
Attractor Neural Networks (http://users.cs.dal.ca/~tt/CNS06CANN) at CNS 2006
(http://www.cnsorg.org <http://www.cnsorg.org/> ) in Edinburgh this summer
(July 16-20). Such neural field models of the Wilson-Cowan type, or bump
models, are a fundamental type of neural networks that have many
applications in neuroscientific modelling and engineering. Our intention is
to bring together researchers from a wide variety of areas who have been
studying this type of networks. We will try to accommodate many
presentations, either in form of brief talks or poster discussions depending
on the number of submissions.

Please send abstracts by email to Si Wu (siwu at cogs.susx.ac.uk) by March 22,
2006. You do not need to follow any specific format as long as we can open
the document and can get a sense of your contribution in this area.

Best regards

Si Wu (University of Sussex, UK)

Thomas Trappenberg (Dalhousie University, Canada)

Dr. Thomas P. Trappenberg

Faculty of Computer Science
Dalhousie University
6050 University Avenue