Connectionists: Postdoctoral position in systems and computational neuroscience

Mehta, Mayank Mayank_Mehta at brown.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:05:40 EST 2006

A postdoctoral position is available in the areas of systems and
computational neuroscience. We are investigating the role of cellular
and synaptic mechanisms in shaping the activity patterns of ensembles of
neurons, using a combination of experimental and computational
techniques. In particular, we record the activity of a large number (>
100) of neurons from the hippocampus and neocortex in freely behaving
rodents using tetrodes, and develop analysis techniques and
computational models to understand the data. To learn more about our
work see: http://neurophysics.brown.edu

Ideal candidates would know both electrophysiology and computational
modeling. Candidates with a strong background in one of these areas will
also be considered.

Please send a CV, name and addresses of three references, and a one page
description of your work and research interests by email to:
Mayank at Brown.edu

-Mayank

Mayank R. Mehta
Assistant Professor